Area Chambers Offer Turnkey Race Packages
Chambers in Catawba, Gaston and Alexander counties in North Carolina along with the Greenville Chamber of Commerce in South Carolina are selling the VIP packages for $195, a savings of over $100 if each of the package elements were purchased separately. The $195 Chamber of Commerce All-Star Race Package includes:
- A premium seat for the May 21 NASCAR NEXTEL All-Star Challenge.
- Entrance to the Hospitality Village, including a catered meal with non-alcoholic beverages and an available cash bar.
- A tour of the pit area prior to the race.
- Admission to The Black Crowes concert.
- A souvenir Charlotte Motor Speedway T-shirt.
- Bus transportation to and from Charlotte Motor Speedway.
- A pace car ride around Charlotte Motor Speedway at a later date.
The most spectacular all-star event in professional sports, the NASCAR NEXTEL All-Star Challenge features NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series race winners from the 2004 and 2005 seasons along with active series champions and former event winners.
"With $1 million awaiting the winner and no points on the line, the NASCAR NEXTEL All-Star Challenge is the type of race where the crew chief tells the driver to bring home either the trophy or the steering wheel," said H.A. "Humpy" Wheeler, president and general manager of Charlotte Motor Speedway.
These special VIP packages are available only from the four Chambers of Commerce and information and can be obtained by contacting the participating chambers. To purchase the Chamber of Commerce All-Star Race ticket package call: Catawba County Chamber, (828) 328-6000; Gaston County Chamber, (704) 864-2621; Alexander County Chamber, (828) 632-8141; or Greenville (S.C.) Chamber, (864) 242-1050.