Charlotte Motor Speedway Expands Partnership with Celebrity Chef Lorena Garcia
TV host, author and leading authority on Latin cuisine collaborating with Levy Restaurants on signature menus and meal packages for 2014 season
Celebrity chef Lorena Garcia will add spice the 10 Blockbuster Days of Racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway by providing fans with exclusive race day menus featuring her vibrant Latin flavors. As part of an expanded partnership with Charlotte Motor Speedway, the Miami-based restaurateur and one of the country's top Latina chefs, worked with restaurant partner Levy Restaurants to introduce a pair of new menu items available at the track during the May racing schedule. Garcia will also present a signature healthy menu package in the track's suites for the May 17 NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race and May 25 Coca-Cola 600, highlighting dishes from her acclaimed cookbook, New Latin Classics.
This season's partnership caters to race fans' taste for bold regional flavors and expands on a successful debut last fall, when Garcia served up a pair of her favorite Latin-inspired dishes at October's Bank of America 500. As a part of this season's partnership, Garcia will appear at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Tuesday, April 22 to introduce her new menu.
"We're fortunate to serve fans at some of the season's most exciting races, and we want to celebrate each occasion by creating a one-of-a-kind fan experience," said Charlotte Motor Speedway Executive Chef James Pierson. "As chef Garcia's signature dishes showed last season, Latin-inspired cuisine really resonates with race fans, and we're proud to expand our partnership to bring these favorite dishes to more fans in 2014."
Signature Menu Items
During the 10 Blockbuster Days of Racing in May, fans can stop by the Danica Patrick Fit Fuel Stand to sample two custom taco creations inspired by Garcia's authentic Latin flavors:
- Carnitas: Braised pork shoulder seasoned with ancho powder, cilantro, cumin, coriander and adobo, marinated in orange and lime juice and served on blue and white corn tortillas
- Fish Taco: Pan-seared tilapia, marinated in lime juice and seasoned with ancho powder, served with jalapeños and cilantro in homemade flour tortillas
Victory Lane Menu
Charlotte Motor Speedway will host star-studded racing action in 2014, including the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race and the Coca-Cola 600. To celebrate the occasions in true style, fans in the suites can order chef Garcia's exclusive Victory Lane Menu, which includes a personal visit from Garcia and selection of her favorite fresh, healthy flavors:
- Afternoon Snacks
- Black Bean and Jalapeño Hummus: Spiced up black bean hummus served with a vegetable crudité
- Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip: Fresh spinach mixed with marinated, roasted artichokes, served with organic blue corn chips
- Salted Caramelized Walnuts: Sweet, salty and crunchy caramelized walnuts
- Evening Snacks
- Latin Chicken Meatballs: Juicy meatballs topped with a zesty lemon piccata sauce
- Pineapple Ginger Salsa: Refreshing sweet salsa served with crispy corn tortilla chips
- Carne Mechada: Braised flank steak served over brown rice and tortillas with sweet bell peppers and fresh herbs
- Green Goddess Cobb Salad: Mixed baby greens tossed with blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, candied walnuts and green goddess dressing
- Mango BBQ Baby Back Ribs: Caribbean jerk-rubbed ribs topped with a sweet mango BBQ sauce
- Quinoa Salad: Light quinoa served with a tangy citrus vinaigrette
- Roasted Yams: Slow roasted yams seasoned with chile, lime and agave
- White Chocolate Raspberry Bread Pudding: Luscious creation featuring a creamy white chocolate and raspberry bread pudding
Fans can catch all the action of the 10 Blockbuster Days of Racing with the 10-Day Blockbuster Pass for as little as $199. The package includes tickets to the NC Education Lottery 200, the 30th running of the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race, LiftMaster Pole Night, the HISTORY 300 and the 55th running of the Coca-Cola 600. For tickets, camping or more details on any of the exciting events at Charlotte Motor Speedway, call 1-800-455-FANS (3267) or visit www.charlottemotorspeedway.com.
Stay up to date on all the action at the greatest place to see the race by following Charlotte Motor Speedway on Twitter at twitter.com/cltmotorspdwy or Facebook at www.facebook.com/CharlotteMotorSpeedway.
About Charlotte Motor Speedway
For more than 50 years, Charlotte Motor Speedway has set the standard for motorsports entertainment for fans of all ages. The only race vacation destination where fans can immerse themselves in the heart of NASCAR country, visitors can attend one-of-a-kind race spectacles such as the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race, the Coca-Cola 600 and the Bank of America 500; take behind-the-scenes speedway and race shop tours; explore the NASCAR Hall of Fame; and drive an 800-horsepower stock car.
Through every event and every decade, Charlotte Motor Speedway puts FANS FIRST with a never-ending commitment to enhance the fan experience. That tradition continues with unmatched value through affordable season tickets, unparalleled prerace entertainment and more opportunities for you to see your favorite drivers. Make memories with us at The Greatest Place to See the Race!
About Levy Restaurants
Levy Restaurants, founded in Chicago in 1978, is recognized as one of America's fastest growing and most critically acclaimed restaurant companies, and is the leader in premium sports and entertainment dining. Levy was recently named one of the 10 most innovative companies in sports in the world by Fast Company magazine. The company's diverse portfolio includes award-winning restaurants such as James Beard Award-winning Spiaggia in Chicago, Fulton's Crab House, Portobello and Wolfgang Puck Grand Café at Walt Disney World Resort, renowned sports and entertainment venues like Wrigley Field in Chicago, Churchill Downs in Louisville, STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, Charlotte Motor Speedway and American Airlines Arena in Miami, and events including the Super Bowl, World Series, U.S. Open, Kentucky Derby, NHL and NBA All-Star Games and the GRAMMY® Awards. For details, visit www.levyrestaurants.com.