News and Notes: Goodguys 23rd Pennzoil Southeastern Nationals
The Goodguys Pennzoil Southeastern Nationals roars to life Friday with more than 2,500 vintage classic cars, hot rods, muscle cars and more in the ultimate three-day display of fall colors at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Here's a look at some things fans can expect to see during the show:
- WALK DOWN MEMORY LANE: Vintage cars from 1972 and earlier will populate the iconic 1.5-mile superspeedway's infield, with custom-built hot rods joining Buicks, Chryslers, Hudsons and Oldsmobiles and iconic brands including Chevrolet and Ford;
- ALL-AMERICAN SUNDAY: Foreign cars give way to American stars in Sunday's All-American Sunday portion of the show. The top throwbacks from the United States' most historic and well-known manufacturers take center stage for their moment in the sun;
- UNSER FAMILY ROARS INTO CHARLOTTE: Two-time Indianapolis 500 winner Al Unser Jr. and cousin Robby Unser - a former Indy car driver and nine-time Pikes Peak International Hillclimb winner - take on all comers in Goodguys AutoCross, an all-weekend exhibition of tire-squealing classic cars;
- WATCH BIKES SCRAPE THE SKY: New to this year's Goodguys Pennzoil Southeastern Nationals is a Team FMX Freestyle Motocross exhibition. The aerobatic acts of some of the most daring motorcyclists will captivate fans of all ages, with two shows scheduled for 2-2:30 p.m. Saturday and 1-1:30 p.m. Sunday;
- MODEL CITIZENS: Kids 6-12 get in for just $6 while younger children get in FREE to the Goodguys Pennzoil Southeastern Nationals, which features free make-it, take-it model cars for children to build and take home;
Event hours run from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Adult admission is $20. Admission for children ages 7-12 is just $6, while all other children are admitted FREE. Visit www.good-guys.com to purchase event tickets or register a show car. Call Goodguys at (925) 838-9876 for more information.
Fans can buy tickets to upcoming Charlotte Motor Speedway events, including the Oct. 27-29 Bad Boy Off Road World of Outlaws World Finals, by calling 1-800-455-FANS (3267), buying them at the gates or visiting online.
Fans can connect with Charlotte Motor Speedway by following on Twitter and Instagram or become a Facebook fan. Keep up with all the latest news and information with the Charlotte Motor Speedway mobile app.