North Carolina Education Lottery 200Friday, May 15, 2015
NASCAR Sprint All-Star RaceSaturday, May 16, 2015
LiftMaster Pole NightThursday, May 21, 2015NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
May ShowdownFriday, May 22, 2015
Hisense 300Saturday, May 23, 2015
Coca-Cola 600Sunday, May 24, 2015NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
Race Fans Sound Off for the Charlotte Motor Speedway Speedway Superstar Trophy Tour Presented by Coca-Cola, Sprint and Walmart
Race fans throughout North and South Carolina, Virginia and Tennessee will have an opportunity to warm up their pipes and rev their engines when the Speedway Superstar Trophy Tour presented by Coca-Cola, Sprint and Walmart makes 20 appearances in 16 cities across four states in advance of the 10 Days of NASCAR Thunder at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
The Speedway Superstar Trophy Tour will bring fun, free-to-the-public, interactive racing excitement from the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race and the Coca-Cola 600 to Walmart locations in the participating regions. And, it will offer aspiring performers a chance to sing their way to stardom during Charlotte Motor Speedway's May events.
The Speedway Superstar Trophy Tour contest is open for talented performers to audition April 15 through May 13 at the mobile audition studio as it visits cities throughout North and South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. For the audition, contestants (ages 15 or older) will be allowed to perform an a cappella rendition (without music or instrumental accompaniment) of the National Anthem of the United States. The performance should be limited to 60 seconds and will be videotaped for use on www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/superstar. Five lucky winners will be selected to perform at Charlotte Motor Speedway during the 10 Days of NASCAR Thunder. All winners will also receive two tickets to the race at which they perform. For official rules and details visit http://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/superstar.
The Speedway Superstar Trophy Tour will feature appearances by NASCAR celebrities, Hall of Famers and Miss Sprint Cup, the Coca-Cola Racing show car and simulator, the Charlotte Motor Speedway pace car, plus the opportunity for fans to take photos with the Sprint All-Star and Coca-Cola 600 race trophies. Fans can also register to win tickets to the Sprint All-Star race and Coca-Cola 600, as well as sample delicious Coca-Cola products.
In addition, fans can recognize the military heroes in their lives by nominating active duty military members and veterans to win one of four Coca-Cola 600 Heroes® Family Packages including tickets to World of Outlaws Race on Friday, May 22, tickets to the XFINITY Series Race on Saturday, May 23, and tickets to the Coca-Cola 600 race on Sunday, May 24, plus hotel accommodations. The finalists will be recognized on the pre-race stage at the Coca-Cola 600, and one lucky military member will take home a 2015 Toyota Camry. The contest is supported by Walmart, NASCAR, Coca-Cola, Toyota and Charlotte Motor Speedway. Through the promotion, Walmart and Coca-Cola will make a donation to the USO of North Carolina during the pre-race activities. For full contest rules, visit http://www.cokeplaytowin.com/hero
"Fans have been making the trip to Charlotte Motor Speedway for fun each May for 56 years," said Marcus Smith, president and general manager of Charlotte Motor Speedway. "With this Speedway Superstar Trophy Tour, we're bringing the fun to the fans across the Carolinas, Tennessee and Virginia as we roll toward a spectacular 10 Days of NASCAR Thunder in May. It's time to crank it up with Coca-Cola, Sprint and Walmart and let's go racing!"
The following schedule includes each stop for the Speedway Superstar Trophy Tour presented by Coca-Cola, Sprint and Walmart:
Audition Dates and Locations
- April 15 - Walmart, 150 Concord Commons Place, Concord, NC, 28027, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- April 18 - Walmart Supercenter, 220 Century Blvd., Bristol, TN, 37620 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- April 21 - Walmart, 3950 Grandview Dr., Simpsonville, SC, 29680, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- April 21 - Walmart Supercenter, 1451 Woodruff Rd., Greenville, SC, 29607, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- April 23 - Walmart, 4500 Fayetteville Rd., Raleigh, NC, 27603, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- April 23 - Walmart, 2012 Kildaire Farm Rd., Cary, NC 27518, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- April 25 - Walmart, 4424 Wendover Ave. W, Greensboro, NC, 27407, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- April 29 - Walmart, 4524 Challenger Ave., Roanoke, VA, 24012, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- April 29 - Walmart, 3900 Wards Rd., Lynchburg, VA, 24502, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- May 2 - Walmart, 1830 Galleria Blvd., Charlotte, NC, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- May 5 - Walmart, 8180 S. Tryon St., Charlotte, NC, 28273, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- May 7 - Walmart, 9820 Callabridge Ct, Charlotte, NC, 28216, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- May 8 - Walmart, 169 Norman Station Rd., Mooresville, NC, 28117, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- May 9 - Walmart, 701 Hawley Ave., Belmont, NC, 28012, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- May 13 - Walmart, 2525 US Hwy 70 SE, Hickory, NC, 28602, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Trophy Tour Locations and Dates
- May 19 - Walmart, 10060 Two Notch Rd., Columbia, SC, 29223, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- May 19 - Walmart, 1780 S. Lake Dr., Lexington, SC, 29073, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- May 20 -- Walmart, 2406 W. Roosevelt Blvd., Monroe, NC, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- May 20 - Walmart, 5825 Thunder Rd, Concord, NC, 28027, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
For updates and details on the special guest appearances at the Speedway Superstar Trophy Tour presented by Coca-Cola, Sprint and Wal-Mart or to purchase affordable ticket and pit pass packages, visit www.charlottemotorspeedway.com or call 1-800-455-FANS.
Connect with Charlotte Motor Speedway on twitter at www.twitter.com/CLTMotorSpdwy or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/charlottemotorspeedway. Stay up to date on all the latest from the legendary 1.5-mile superspeedway by downloading the Charlotte Motor Speedway Mobile App.