Show Off Your Ride AutoFair Contest
AutoFair is just around the corner and we're giving fans a chance to have their personal car on display in the prestigious Nationwide Showcase Pavilion, April 9-12 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Starting March 18 at 10 a.m. eastern, fans can tweet us a photo of their vehicle for consideration. All they need to do is tweet a photo of their vehicle along with the year, make and model to @CLTMotorSpdwy utilizing the hashtag #ShowOffYourRideContest. ALL ONLINE ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5 PM ET ON Monday, March 23 at 5 p.m.
The top 10 most unique vehicles will be selected by the AutoFair committee based off of picture alone. The top 10 qualifiers will be notified on Tuesday, March 24 via direct message on Twitter.
After the top 10 are selected, the photos will be assigned a numerical grade on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the highest. Charlotte Motor Speedway will then contact the qualifiers to receive additional information on the vehicles. This can include the vehicle's unique history, tie to Charlotte Motor Speedway or AutoFair specifically, connection to NASCAR, etc. The story will then be assigned a numerical grade on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the highest. The grand prize will be calculated using the formula of 60% vehicle grade and 40% story grade.
The full official rules are below.
Show Off Your Ride Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- Description: The Show Off Your Ride Contest Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") begins on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 Eastern Time ("ET") at 10 a.m. and ends on Monday, March 23, 2015 at 5 p.m. (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Sponsor and Administrator: Charlotte Motor Speedway, LLC located at 5555 Concord Parkway South, Concord, North Carolina 28027 is the Sponsor and Administrator of the Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, excluding residents of Florida, New York and Rhode Island who are eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older, as of the date of entry, and who have a valid Twitter account at the time of entry (the "Entrant" or "Participant"). Employees, directors and officers and their immediate family members (spouse, ex-spouse, parents, siblings, children, step-children) and household members of Charlotte Motor Speedway, LLC, Speedway Motorsports, Inc., Speedway Children's Charities, individuals who already have a car in the Nationwide Showcase Pavilion and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, owners, agents, franchisees, or affiliate companies, or any of their respective suppliers, successors or assigns; any others engaged in the development, production, distribution or other exploitation of the Sweepstakes (individually and collectively, the "Sweepstakes Participant"); any Sweepstakes Participant of the Sweepstakes or its advertising agency; or any person or entity supplying services or prizes to the Sweepstakes, are ineligible to enter.
- Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is conditioned upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- How to Enter the Sweepstakes: During the Sweepstakes Period, tweet a photo of your vehicle along with the year, make and model to @CLTMotorSpdwy utilizing the hashtag #ShowOffYourRideContest. ALL ONLINE ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5 PM ET ON Monday, March 23.
To enter, an entrant must be a registered user of Twitter. If an entrant is not a registered user of this site, the entrant must visit www.twitter.com to register for free. Registration for an use of the Twitter platform is subject to its terms and conditions and Sweepstakes Entities, Sponsor or Administrator have no responsibility with respect to such registration or use. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. You understand that you ar providing your information to Sponsor, and not to Twitter.
LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER Twitter Account for this sweepstakes. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Altered, illegible or reproduced entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not accept entries that are or appear to be counterfeit, facsimile, mechanically reproduced, or otherwise appear to be fraudulent. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
- Winner Selection, Verification and Conditions: Winning any prize requires that the potential winner of the prize is, and remains, in compliance with these Official Rules. Until a potential winner is verified to be eligible and in compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winner is, and will remain, a potential prize winner, unless the potential winner is disqualified for not complying with the Official Rules and/or not being eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Administrator's decisions are final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning the Grand Prize are dependent on the number of eligible entries received.
(A) Selection. One (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected by a panel of judges and based upon the following criteria:
[Upon receiving submissions, the top 10 most unique vehicles will be selected by the AutoFair committee based off of picture alone. Overall uniqueness could be judged by subcategories including, but not limited to:
- Best or most creative paint
- Most creative after-market enhancements
- NASCAR tribute
After the top 10 are selected, the photos will be assigned a numerical grade on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the highest. Charlotte Motor Speedway will then contact the qualifiers to receive additional information on the vehicles. This can include the vehicle's unique history, tie to Charlotte Motor Speedway or AutoFair specifically, connection to NASCAR, etc. The story will then be assigned a numerical grade on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the highest. The grand prize will be calculated using the formula of 60% vehicle grade and 40% story grade.]
The top 10 qualifiers will be notified on Tuesday, March 24 via direct message on Twitter.
(B) Verification. The potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return to Charlotte Motor Speedway, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize. As well as an agreement form supplied by the Sponsor.
(C) Conditions. If a potential winner of any prize (1) cannot be contacted, (2) fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release within the required time period (if applicable), (3) is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, (4) forfeits Prize, or (5) is unable to attend the event, then such potential winner is disqualified and, Sponsor, at its sole discretion, will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner, provided sufficient time remains to verify alternate winner; otherwise prize will not be awarded.
- Prize and Prize Conditions:
(A) One Grand Prize. Winner will have their car displayed in the Nationwide Showcase Pavilion during the April 9-12, 2015 Charlotte AutoFair located in Concord, NC and will receive four (4) weekend passes valued at $30 each.
(B) Prize Conditions. If the winner is unable to attend the events, no other compensation, offer or substitute will be provided. Grand Prize winner and guests must comply with all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion of prize. Sponsor and the event organizers reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to any winner who engages in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy or abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the event. Trip must be taken on dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. Sponsor reserves right to change dates. Tickets are subject to the standard terms and procedures of event venue. Seat locations will be determined by Sponsor. Released Parties (as defined below) expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of prizes awarded. The Prize is non-transferable. The Prize will be awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee either expressed or implied. No substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of equal or comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion, or in the event a prize becomes unavailable for any reason. All federal, state, and local taxes and fees associated with the award or receipt of any prize, including but not limited to income and withholding taxes, sales taxes, Customs duties and other fees, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor will provide an IRS Tax Form 1099 stating the value of the prize for 20134 tax filing purposes.
- Release: By entering the Sweepstakes Entrant agrees and by accepting Prize, winner agrees: (1) to release and hold harmless Sponsor and Sweepstakes Participants, and their respective or their respective parent, subsidiary or affiliate companies, or any of their respective suppliers, successors or assigns, or agencies; any others engaged in the development, production, distribution or other exploitation of the Sweepstakes; or any person or entity supplying services or prizes to the Sweepstakes, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any liability, claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in the Sweepstakes or Sweepstakes-related activity, or acceptance, receipt or use or misuse of any prize, or for any printing, production, typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize; and (2) to be bound by these Official Rules and any decisions of the Administrator/Sponsor relating to the participation in the Sweepstakes, selection of winners and awarding of prizes, whose decisions are final.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) any traffic or parking violations or other illegal offense which may occur during Entrant's pursuit of suitcase locations; and (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an Entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively either by the United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, Charlotte Division, or by the Mecklenburg County, North Carolina Superior Court; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event shall attorneys' fees be awarded to either party; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, special, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of North Carolina or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of North Carolina. These rules shall be deemed modified as necessary to conform to applicable law.
- Official Rules and Winners List: This Sweepstakes cannot be republished in any other medium without the express written consent of Sponsor. To get a copy of these Official Rules, send a written request to: "Show Off Your Ride" Sweepstakes, c/o Charlotte Motor Speedway, 1000 Parkwood Circle, Suite 700, Atlanta, GA 30339. To request a list of the names of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope after April 12, 2015 to: "Show Off Your Ride" Sweepstakes, c/o Charlotte Motor Speedway, 1000 Parkwood Circle, Suite 700, Atlanta, GA 30339.
- No Other Representations. These Official Rules are the only rules applicable. No employee of Charlotte Motor Speedway, LLC is authorized to change them or to grant exceptions.