Policies and Regulations
For the health and comfort of our guests, grandstands and concourses at Charlotte Motor Speedway, zMAX Dragway and The Dirt Track are smoke-free, including the use of e-cigarettes. This policy also applies to terrace boxes, kids' play zones, bathhouses and restrooms.
In conjunction with this policy, smoking lounges with flat-screen televisions and high-top tables will be conveniently located at each of our three venues. Smoking is also allowed in open-air campgrounds, parking lots, hospitality and souvenir display areas.
It is our goal to reduce the risk of secondhand smoke exposure to our fans, while still allowing the freedom of choice with convenient smoking locations during our events.
Enforcement -- Ushers will direct those found smoking in the grandstands to the nearest smoking lounge, and repeat offenders will be asked to leave.
If you have any further questions about the locations of our smoking lounges or implementation of this policy, please give us a call at 1-800-455-FANS (3267).
We appreciate the continued feedback of our fans and welcome your comments at 1-800-455-FANS (3267) or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Speedway Club Dress Code
Speedway Club members and guests are asked to meet our standard dress code at all times.
The Speedway Club Restaurant and Fifth Turn Lounge: The dress code consists of business casual/country club casual such as dress pants and capris, golf-style/walking shorts. In addition to the above, we will allow jeans, jean shorts, running shoes and casual shirts. Jackets and ties are not required. No screen printed t-shirts; undershirts; cut-off shorts; athletic wear; torn or tattered clothing; or beach style flip-flops.
For certain outdoor events, we will honor a relaxed dress code in keeping with the event.
Management has the right to define "appropriate" attire. Members are responsible for informing all guests about the dress code. There is a relaxation of the dress code within reason for children under 12.
Please call (704) 455-3216 for further questions and details.
Cooler & Alcohol Policies
Guests may bring a 14" by 14" by 14" cooler into Charlotte Motor Speedway, zMAX Dragway and The Dirt Track containing food and beverage, provided that all substances contained in the cooler are legal and there are no glass containers or other potentially hazardous materials.
Coolers may be brought into the facility until one hour after the start of the race. *NASCAR EventsOnly
Coolers are not allowed in The Speedway Club, Smith Tower or any other club or corporate suite.
All coolers, backpacks and other types of carrying cases will be searched upon entry.
Guests may bring alcoholic beverages into the facility in coolers until one hour after the start of the race.
Levy Restaurants manages and operates all of the food concession stands and booths at Charlotte Motor Speedway, The Dirt Track at Charlotte and zMAX Dragway.
Levy and The Speedway Club - 5th Floor Café will stop serving alcoholic beverages 50 laps prior to the end of the race. The Speedway Club will issues last call after the Winner's Toast or last seating, as appropriate.
Charlotte Motor Speedway shall use clearly marked signs showing where non-alcohol sections are located.
Alcoholic beverages will not be sold in these sections at any time and the consumption of alcoholic beverages in these sections is strictly prohibited.
Guests who are visibly intoxicated may be refused entry at the gates.
Guests who become intoxicated during the event and exhibit drunken, belligerent or inappropriate behavior will be escorted from the facility.
Security will obtain as much information as possible from the subject and escort him/her from the property.
For your safety and well-being, Charlotte Motor Speedway asks that certain rules and regulations be followed;
- Coolers may be brought in by guests until one hour after the start of the race
- No coolers or backpacks larger than 14" by 14" by 14"
- No umbrellas of any kind are allowed in the grandstands, suites or The Speedway Club
- No glass containers
- Strollers are allowed inside the gates, but are not allowed in the grandstands
- No pets, except service animals
- No weapons, including, but not limited to, firearms, knives and impact weapons
- No skateboards, roller skates or scooters
- No bicycles, mopeds, etc.
- No beach balls, balloons, etc.
- No signs or banners
- No horns, whistles or other loud items
- No stadium seats with arm rests
Charlotte Motor Speedway, The Dirt Track at Charlotte or the zMAX Dragway will not be held responsible for items left in the speedway or around the gate areas.
Handicap Shuttle pick-ups:
CMS offers ADA Van Service and ADA Golf Cart Shuttle Service. Vans and golf carts are available at each of the designated handicap parking areas (Located on Map).
You can call the ADA Dispatch Line at 704-454-6411 or text to 78247 for assistance
- The guest service staff will be able to answer your questions and assist you with requests for wheelchair-capable vans or golf carts to pick you up.
- Please do not request a wheelchair-capable van if you are able to safely board our normal fleet of trams and shuttles.
Handicap Pickup Locations
- Handicap Parking Lot at VIP/Green
- Ford Wheelchair reserved Blue (Near Gate 7)
- Reserved Pink (Dirt Track)
- Reserved Orange (Back Stretch)
- Reserved Yellow (Infield Toll Booth)
- At each INFORMATION Booth please ask the information booth attendant for a pick up. Located at:
- Gate 3
- Gate 4
- Gate 7
- 600 Terrace
- Gate 31
Handicap Seating Locations:
- Sections Ford Deck
- Sections Toyota Forth Turn Terrance A-U
- Sections Toyota Family Section V-Z
- The golf cart shuttles operate only on race days from when the gates open until approximately 2 hours after the race. There is, however, a "blackout" period immediately following the event when all transportation stops running for a brief time to allow pedestrians a chance to exit the grandstands safely. Please anticipate some wait time during peak demand immediately before and after the race.
All Golf Cart Shuttles are staffed with volunteers from Speedway Children's Charities. Clink the link for more information about our charity. A tip donation box is located at the front console of each cart. Any tip donations given during your shuttle ride are greatly appreciated!
Rain Check: In the event of postponement event tickets will be honored for the rescheduled date. NO REFUNDS or EXCHANGES