Policies and Regulations
For the health and comfort of our guests, grandstands and concourses at Charlotte Motor Speedway, zMAX Dragway and The Dirt Track are smoke-free, including the use of e-cigarettes. This policy also applies to terrace boxes, kids' play zones, bathhouses and restrooms.
In conjunction with this policy, smoking lounges with flat-screen televisions and high-top tables will be conveniently located at each of our three venues. Smoking is also allowed in open-air campgrounds, parking lots, hospitality and souvenir display areas.
It is our goal to reduce the risk of secondhand smoke exposure to our fans, while still allowing the freedom of choice with convenient smoking locations during our events.
Enforcement -- Ushers will direct those found smoking in the grandstands to the nearest smoking lounge, and repeat offenders will be asked to leave.If you have any further questions about the locations of our smoking lounges or implementation of this policy, please give us a call at 1-800-455-FANS (3267).
We appreciate the continued feedback of our fans and welcome your comments at 1-800-455-FANS (3267) or via email to email@example.com.
Speedway Club members and guests are asked to meet our standard dress code at all times.
The Speedway Club Restaurant and Fifth Turn Lounge: The dress code consists of business casual/country club casual such as dress pants and capris, golf-style/walking shorts. In addition to the above, we will allow jeans, jean shorts, running shoes and casual shirts. Jackets and ties are not required. No screen printed t-shirts; undershirts; cut-off shorts; athletic wear; torn or tattered clothing; or beach style flip-flops.
For certain outdoor events, we will honor a relaxed dress code in keeping with the event.
Management has the right to define "appropriate" attire. Members are responsible for informing all guests about the dress code. There is a relaxation of the dress code within reason for children under 12.
Please call (704) 455-3216 for further questions and details.
Guests may bring a 14" by 14" by 14" cooler into Charlotte Motor Speedway, zMAX Dragway and The Dirt Track containing food and beverage, provided that all substances contained in the cooler are legal and there are no glass containers or other potentially hazardous materials.
Coolers may be brought into the facility until one hour after the start of the race. *NASCAR EventsOnly
Coolers are not allowed in The Speedway Club, Smith Tower or any other club or corporate suite.
All coolers, backpacks and other types of carrying cases will be searched upon entry.
Guests may bring alcoholic beverages into the facility in coolers until one hour after the start of the race.
Levy Restaurants manages and operates all of the food concession stands and booths at Charlotte Motor Speedway, The Dirt Track at Charlotte and zMAX Dragway.
Levy and The Speedway Club - 5th Floor Café will stop serving alcoholic beverages 50 laps prior to the end of the race. The Speedway Club will issues last call after the Winner's Toast or last seating, as appropriate.
Charlotte Motor Speedway shall use clearly marked signs showing where non-alcohol sections are located.
Alcoholic beverages will not be sold in these sections at any time and the consumption of alcoholic beverages in these sections is strictly prohibited.
Guests who are visibly intoxicated may be refused entry at the gates.
Guests who become intoxicated during the event and exhibit drunken, belligerent or inappropriate behavior will be escorted from the facility.
Security will obtain as much information as possible from the subject and escort him/her from the property.
For your safety and well-being, Charlotte Motor Speedway asks that certain rules and regulations be followed;
- Coolers may be brought in by guests until one hour after the start of the race
- No coolers or backpacks larger than 14" by 14" by 14"
- No umbrellas of any kind are allowed in the grandstands, suites or The Speedway Club
- No glass containers
- Strollers are allowed inside the gates, but are not allowed in the grandstands
- No pets, except service animals
- No weapons, including, but not limited to, firearms, knives and impact weapons
- No skateboards, roller skates or scooters
- No bicycles, mopeds, etc.
- No beach balls, balloons, etc.
- No signs or banners
- No horns, whistles or other loud items
- No stadium seats with arm rests
Charlotte Motor Speedway, The Dirt Track at Charlotte or the zMAX Dragway will not be held responsible for items left in the speedway or around the gate areas.
CMS offers ADA Van Service and ADA Golf Cart Shuttle Service. Vans and golf carts are available at each of the designated handicap parking areas (Located on Map).
You can call the ADA Dispatch Line at 704-454-6411 or text to 78247 for assistance
- The guest service staff will be able to answer your questions and assist you with requests for wheelchair-capable vans or golf carts to pick you up.
- Please do not request a wheelchair-capable van if you are able to safely board our normal fleet of trams and shuttles.
Handicap Pickup Locations
- Handicap Parking Lot at VIP/Green
- Ford Wheelchair reserved Blue (Near Gate 7)
- Reserved Pink (Dirt Track)
- Reserved Orange (Back Stretch)
- Reserved Yellow (Infield Toll Booth)
- At each INFORMATION Booth please ask the information booth attendant for a pick up. Located at:
- Gate 3
- Gate 4
- Gate 7
- 600 Terrace
- Gate 31
Handicap Seating Locations:
- Sections Ford Deck
- Sections Toyota Forth Turn Terrance A-U
- Sections Toyota Family Section V-Z
- The golf cart shuttles operate only on race days from when the gates open until approximately 2 hours after the race. There is, however, a "blackout" period immediately following the event when all transportation stops running for a brief time to allow pedestrians a chance to exit the grandstands safely. Please anticipate some wait time during peak demand immediately before and after the race.
All Golf Cart Shuttles are staffed with volunteers from Speedway Children's Charities. Clink the link for more information about our charity. A tip donation box is located at the front console of each cart. Any tip donations given during your shuttle ride are greatly appreciated!
Rain Check: In the event of postponement event tickets will be honored for the rescheduled date. NO REFUNDS or EXCHANGES
GENERAL CONTESTING GUIDELINES
From time to time, Speedway Motorsports, LLC d/b/a Charlotte Motor Speedway will conduct online\ social media and/or other various sweepstakes and contests. Sweepstakes are games of chance; prizes being offered to participants selected on a random basis whereas contests are games of skill; involves entrant participation and may require participants to use specific skills to solve or complete a specified objective in order to qualify for a prize or submit entry material which will be judged using specific criteria. For all purposes hereinafter the term "Contest" shall collectively refer to both sweepstakes and contests. All CMS Contests are administered by CMS and will be conducted in accordance with these General Contesting Guidelines, unless modified or superseded by rules written for a specific Contest (the "Official Contest Rules").
CMS together with the Contest sponsor(s), promotional partner(s) and administrator(s) are herein collectively referred to as the Contest Entities. Contest dates and times ( the "Contest Period"), entry date and times (the "Entry Period"), eligibility requirements, entry methods, winner selection, prizes, etc., will vary with each Contest, as determined by CMS and announced, please refer to the specific Official Contest Rules for complete details.
By participating or entering any CMS Contest, participants agree to be bound by these General Contesting Guidelines as well as the designated Official Contest Rules and the decisions of CMS are final on all matters relating to the Contest. For a copy of specific Official Contest Rules, contact CMS.
- Contest Eligibility Requirements. Unless otherwise stated in the designated Official Contest Rules, NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Contests are open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia (excluding residents of New York, Rhode Island and Florida)who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry.
Employees of Speedway Motorsports, LLC d/b/a Atlanta Motor Speedway, LLC, Bristol Motor Speedway, LLC, Charlotte Motor Speedway, LLC, Kentucky Raceway, LLC d/b/a Kentucky Speedway, Nevada Speedway, LLC d/b/a Las Vegas Motor Speedway, New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Inc., Speedway Sonoma, LLC, Texas Motor Speedway, Inc., Speedway Children's Charities, and each of their affiliates and each of their respective parent companies, divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, shareholders, members, successors, assigns and agents, and any others engaged in the development, production or distribution of promotional materials or prizes for Contest (collectively, the "Released Parties"), and members of the immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouse) or households of any of the above are ineligible to participate or win. VOID IN ANY LOCATION WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- General Contest Descriptions.
(a) Social Media. For Contest conducted on social media there will be a planned post on: Charlotte Motor Speedway's Official Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or snapchat stating how contestants can enter. The actions to enter may be but not limited to: retweets, likes, shares, repost, commenting, or screenshots. At the time of the contest, the winning contestant will be required to provide all information requested by CMS, including but not limited to first and last name, complete address, including zip code, daytime and evening phone numbers, and their date of birth to be eligible to win. Contestants are required to provide truthful information to CMS, CMS has the right to reject and delete any contestant that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. Contestants who are inaudible or unintelligible may be disqualified. There is no limit to the number of times a contestant may try to enter in and win. Contestants need to participate in "real-time". CMS assumes no responsibility for contestants who participate at a later date or time.
(b) On-line Contest. For Contest conducted on-line, participants can enter at CMS website www.charlottemotorspeedway.com or by following the Contest links and completing and submitting the on-line entry and registration form. Entry must contain all information requested and must be received during the stated Entry Period. CMS clock is the official clock. Limit one (1) entry per person and/or verified email address. Entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified. The potential winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received or may be required to perform a task.
(c) Voting Contests. For Contest that involves follower participation by retweets, likes, shares, repost, commenting, or screenshots voting for a Contest participant on CMS website, the voting is limited to one (1) vote per person per verified email address unless otherwise stated in the specific Official Contest Rules. If a Contest participant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, then CMS reserves the right to disqualify the participant in its sole discretion. By participating in the voting portion of any Contest, each voting participant agrees to be bound by the Official Contest Rules. If the Contest includes the use of an internet tool and the internet voting process fails to operate properly or appears to be tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud or unfair practices, then CMS reserves the right to use another means to determine the winner(s), i.e. random selection or appointing a panel of judges. All decisions of the judges are final.
(d) Consumer Created Content. For Contest that involves the submission of consumer created content material from the participant, including but not limited to, photography, videos, essays, etc. by submitting your entry: (1) you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place the Contest Entities under any fiduciary or other obligation, that CMS is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you; (2) you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, the Contest Entities do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to CMS, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you; (3) you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third party ownership rights exist to any material submitted, and (4) you are hereby granting CMS a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose. BY SUBMITTING ANY CONTENT, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER CONTENT MAY BE POSTED ON COMPANY'S WEBSITE, IN COMPANY'S DISCRETION.
Content: (a) must comply with the designated Official Contest Rules and any Terms of Service on the CMS website; (b) must be uploaded in format specified and must comply with the posting requirements set forth above and as posted on the CMS website; (c) cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity; content cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (d) cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (e) cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about CMS or its products, or other people, products or companies; (f) cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; (g) cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission; CMS does not permit the infringement of others' rights and any use of materials not original to the participant (except copyrighted materials owned by CMS) is grounds for disqualification from the Contest. (h) no background artwork should appear in an content unless it is an original work of the entrant. Any artwork, murals, etc. that can be seen in the content must be created solely by the entrant or entrant must be the sole owner of all copyright interests therein; (i) cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; (j) cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which CMS wishes to associate; and (k) cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law. CONSUMER CREATED CONTENT POSTED TO THE WEBSITE WERE NOT EDITED BY COMPANY AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF COMPANY IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by CMS does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. CMS reserves the right to waive the Contest entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. CMS reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the Contest Period, to request that any entrant resubmit his or her entry which fails to comply with the Contest entry requirements prior to any judging or voting period. By submitting content you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not won previous awards, (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (e) that you have obtained permission from a person who's name, likeness or voice is used in the content and (f) and that publication of the content via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party rights. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, CMS, its Companies, and agents from any claims to the contrary. Any entrant whose work includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including CMS use of such content, in a form satisfactory to administrator, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of entrant as a winner.
By accepting a prize, the winner agrees that his or her content will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the winner irrevocably assigns and transfers to CMS all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her video, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Winner hereby waives in favor of CMS, all rights of "Droit Moral" or "Moral Rights of Authors" or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to their content. CMS reserves the right to alter, change or modify the winning content, in its sole discretion. Upon CMS of CMS, winner shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by CMS, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the content and of the copyrights transferred and "Moral Rights of Authors" waived under the Official Contest Rules. Should CMS fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of CMS' rights and CMS may at a later time request the assignment.
- Winner Selection, Verification and Notification. All potential Contest winners will be selected in a manner as stated in the specific Official Contest Rules. Only one (1) prize winner per household. All decisions of the judges are final. All potential winners are subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility, age, compliance with the designated Official Contest Rules and execution and return of any Statement/Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law). The potential winner will be notified as stated in the specific Official Contest Rules and must be available to participate when applicable; to be eligible for the prize in any portion to the Contest that participation may be required. If a potential prize winner is deemed ineligible and disqualified then CMS, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to choose an alternate potential winner, time permitting. If attempted prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if the potential winner cannot be verified, or if the potential winner is otherwise unable to accept whole prize, or does not claim prize within the stated time frame, then prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate provided sufficient time remains, in CMS discretion. CMS is not responsible for changes in email or telephone address.
- Prize Conditions. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the specific Contest Period. Prize is awarded to the winner according to the designated Official Contest Rules. No more than the advertised number of prizes shall be awarded. The total approximate retail value ("ARV") of the prize will vary by Contest. Any difference between stated approximate value and the actual value of prize will not be awarded. Winner must accept the whole prize. Prizes are non-transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. CMS reserves the right to substitute a prize (or any part of the prize) with a prize of equal or greater value. All other costs and expenses related to prize acceptance and use not specified in the designated Official Contest Rules, as being awarded are the sole responsibility of winner. Contact CMS for a copy of the winner's list.
(a) Event/Date Specific Prizes. Certain prizes awarded can be event/date specific, CMS is not responsible for the cancellation or rescheduling of any event or date and no substitution or compensation shall be awarded. Any awarded tickets as prizes are subject to certain terms and conditions specified thereon. Location of seats and tickets are in CMS' sole discretion or may be predetermined as supplied by prize provider.
(b) Trip Specific Prizes. If a trip prize package is awarded and the prize includes round-trip, coach class air transportation for winner from a major commercial airport near winner's home to the destination and a double occupancy standard hotel room as specified in the designated Official Contest Rules. Actual value of the trip will depend on point of departure and any airfare fluctuations. Selection of airline and hotel are solely within CMS' discretion. Airline tickets are non-refundable/nontransferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. All travel must be taken on dates specified or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner; no alternative travel dates are available. Winner and travel guest(s) must travel on same itinerary. If in the judgment of the CMS air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to the trip destination, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at CMS' sole and absolute discretion. The difference in value will not be awarded to the prize winner. Meals, gratuities, luggage fees, incidental hotel charges and any other travel-related expenses not specified in the designated Official Contest Rules are the sole responsibility of winner and travel guest. If winner is eligible, but a minor in his/her state of residence, the travel guest must be winner's parent or legal guardian. A minor may accompany winner as a travel guest only if the winner is the minor's parent or legal guardian. Minors must be accompanied at all times during trip (including, but not limited to, in-flight, hotel stay and all prize-related events) by minor's parent or legal guardian.
Contest Entities shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations. Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the prize winner at the time of notification. Prize winner and guest(s) are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that the CMS has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged.
ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
- Tampering and Delivery Disclaimer. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR TAMPER WITH CMS' Social Media or WEBSITE(OR ANY PART THEREOF) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD ANY SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, CMS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER AVAILABLE REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION; AND IF SUCH INDIVIDUAL ENTERS THE CONTEST HE/SHE WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
All entries become the property No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered entries or mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. CMS is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, garbled, incomplete, or misdirected entries, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. CMS disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Contest.
- Releases and Conditions. By entering or otherwise participating in the Contest, participant agrees to the designated Official Contest Rules. By participating in any CMS Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the CMS, its employees and agents, the Contest's sponsors and their respective employees and agents for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the award, receipt and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto. Winner will be required to sign a Statement/Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and Publicity Release (collectively "Releases") (except where prohibited by law) prior to issuance of prize(s).
- Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated in the designated Official Contest Rules is based on available information provided to the CMS, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s). Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the CMS will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- Conduct and Decisions. CMS, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any participant (and all of their entries) from the Contest if he or she tampers with the entry process or the operation of this Contest or is otherwise in violation of the General Contesting Rules or the designated Official Contest Rules. CMS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to and/ or reject disqualify any person or person who CMS believes is tampering with the entry process in any way, including but not limited to attempts to manipulate the systems or entry process in order to increase the odds of winning. CMS further reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone, delay, suspend and/or terminate the Contest in whole or in part in the event that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or as intended by the designated Official Contest Rules, by reason of any fraud, technical factors or other disabling causes that, in the sole discretion of CMS, impair, corrupt or interrupt the administration, fairness, security or integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, including without limitation, hurricane, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, war, terrorist threat or activity or insurrection. In the event of cancellation, CMS shall award the prizes (or a prize of equal or greater value) in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the time of cancellation.
- Compliance with Laws. CMS CONTESTS ARE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in the Contest, each participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney's fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.