Read The Latest From The Little Luggies Race Club
Here at Charlotte Motor Speedway the month of May is Mega Motorsports Month!
The 10 greatest days in racing happens only at THE GREATEST PLACE TO SEE THE RACE!
Friday, May 18: N.C. Education Lottery 200, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Race and qualifying for the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race
Saturday, May 19: NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race, including a pre-race concert by country music superstar Blake Shelton, the Sprint Showdown and the Pennzoil Burnout Contest
Thursday, May 24: LiftMaster Pole Day, qualifying for the Coca-Cola 600
Friday, May 25: Coca-Cola Family Track Walk & Summer Cookout
Friday, May 25: World of Outlaws Sprint Car Showdown at The Dirt Track at Charlotte Motor Speedway
Saturday, May 26: History 300 NASCAR Nationwide Series Race and the season opener for the Global RallyCross Championship Series
Sunday, May 27: The 53rd running of the Coca-Cola 600 and the Let Freedom Race military pre-race extravaganza
Click here for a special message from Lug Nut!
Detailed look at a 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Car
Get to know the car that will be the main attraction at the Sprint All Star Race and Coca-Cola 600!
Click Here For A Detailed View!
The 2012 Sprint Cup Car
1. Radiator Air Intake: Directs outside air into the radiator to cool off the engine fluids.
2. Brake Air Intake: Directs outside air to brake discs and rotors for additional cooling.
3. Hood Pins: Four, quick release metal pins with wire tethers that keep the keep the hood closed.
4. Cowl Induction: Housing for the air cleaner that connects the air intake at the base of the windshield to the throttle body.
5. Body Panels: Sheet Metal
6. Roll Cage: A steel cage to protect the driver during impacts and rollovers.
7. Windshield Clips: Allow for easy removal of the windshield should a driver need to be extricated from the car.
8. Jack Post: Area where the jackman places the jack to lift the car during pit stops.
9. Double Frame Rail and Energy Absorbing Material: A combination of steel plating and energy absorbing materials installed in between the roll cage door bars and door panels to absorb energy upon impact.
10. Window Net: A safety device that keeps the driver inside the car during an accident.
11. Roof Strips: Aluminum strips to help stop the car from flipping when turned sideways during a spin or accident.
12. TV Camera: View from the driver’s seat.
13. Alternate Exit/Roof Hatch: Emergency exit for drivers
14. Roof Flaps: Helps stop the car from becoming airborne when turned sideways during a spin or accident.
15. Jacking Bolts: Area to adjust the handling of the car by altering the load on the rear springs.
16. Cooling Vents: Helps remove warm air from the cockpit.
17. Goodyear Eagle Racing Tires: Treadless tires designed specifically for racing.
18. Rear Deck Fin: This is a turning tool that can be adjusted rear side.
19. Rear Spoiler: Directs air flowing over the rear of the car, giving a down force to improve the handling.
Fantastic Family Values at Charlotte Motor Speedway!
Don't miss any of the Fantastic Family Values! Kids 13 & under are admitted FREE with an adult ticket purchase for several great events this spring, including the N.C. Education Lottery 200, LiftMaster Pole Day, Circle K NOS Energy Outlaw Showdown and History 300! Kids tickets start at just $10 for the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race and the Coca-Cola 600!
There's tons of fun for kids of all ages at the upcoming Charlotte Motor Speedway events including:
The Fan Van
Music and much more!
Cooking with Lug Nut - Cake Roll Race Cars
Get ready for the race at home with this fun recipe!
Bag of round candy
Stick 2 pretzels into the side of a cake roll.
Add mini marshmallows for the wheels
Add candies for the lights
Eat and Enjoy!
NASCAR Terms with Lug Nut
Marbles - Small pieces of rubber that come off tires and collect near the outside wall of a race track.
Groove - The best and fastest route around a race track.
Click here to see more NASCAR terms.
Have your birthday party with the fastest mascot around!
Click here to learn more!
Want to get the latest in kid-friendly events and more from Lug Nut? Join the Little Luggies Race Club!