Nickelodeon's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to Invade Charlotte Motor Speedway During Bank of America 500 Week
Nickelodeon’s iconic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will invade Charlotte Motor Speedway for the Bank of America 500 week, Oct. 11-13. Look out for the famous shell-backs – Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello and Michelangelo -- to bring their fast-action, high-adventure style of fun to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series for a weekend of family entertainment.
Nickelodeon’s ninjutsu-trained foursome are taking leave from the sewers of New York City and coming to Charlotte Motor Speedway for a weekend of formidable family entertainment.
The weekend will include:
- Bank of America 500 Pre-Race Show presented by Nickelodeon’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, featuring a free concert with Victoria Justice – Enjoy a special concert with Nickelodeon star Victoria Justice, the star of Nickelodeon’s hit series Victorious and the feature film Fun Size, in theaters Oct. 26. A talented triple threat, Justice is currently out on the road headlining her “Make It in America” nationwide tour in support of the Victorious 2.0: More Music from the Hit TV Show (Nickelodeon/Columbia Records) CD. This is the follow-up to the first Victorious soundtrack which debuted at #5 on Billboard’s Top 200 chart. Combined digital sales of music from Victorious total over 2.7 million downloads to date and a third soundtrack is set for release this Fall. The concert will take place on Saturday afternoon, Oct. 13, on the main stage in the Charlotte Motor Speedway frontstretch, just before the Bank of America 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race. Special front stage passes are available for adults and children for just $20, which includes a free Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle backpack.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Family Section – Immerse your family in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles adventures with a seat in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Family Section, located in Turn Four of Charlotte Motor Speedway. The first 3,000 kids who visit the Family Section with a Family Section ticket receive a special Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles backpack. The entire section will have a great view of the World’s Largest HDTV for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animated features and newsbreaks.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Family Fun Zone – The family fun isn’t just in the grandstands; it’s in the unique Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Family Fun Zone in the Turn Four Family Section Concourse. There will be appearances by the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, games, activities and photo opportunities for fans young and old.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles visit the POWERADE Play Zone – Throughout race day, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will visit the POWERADE Play Zone in the frontstretch fan area for photo opps, Ninja adventures and fun.
- Unique race broadcast of the Bank of America 500 for young fans – Led by young fans of NASCAR and available exclusively on PRN and Nickelodeon channels, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles broadcast will have a special announcing team of young NASCAR stars covering the Bank of America 500 from the broadcast booth and pit road. The broadcast will be available at www.GoPRN.com and through the track broadcast.
- Kids’ Driver Autograph and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Lunch Party – See the stars of the NASCAR Nationwide Series and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for a fun lunch event under the Ford Grandstand on Friday, October 12. Danica Patrick, Ricky Stenhouse and Elliott Sadler are scheduled to appear. Tickets are $20 per child and a limited number are available. Participants receive a free Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles backpack.
Special Ticket Prices for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Weekend
Special ticket packages for Nickelodeon’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles invasion of Charlotte Motor Speedway include the Bank of America 500 Family Four-Pack with tickets for two adults and two kids in the smoke- and alcohol-free Family Section, priced at $118. Children's tickets are free to the Dollar General 300 with an adult purchase. All children must have a ticket. For tickets and information call 1-800-455-FANS (3267) or visit www.charlottemotorspeedway.com.
For more great offers, call the Charlotte Motor Speedway Ticket Office at 1-800-455-FANS (3267) or visit www.charlottemotorspeedway.com
Nickelodeon launches an all-new, CG-animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series on Saturday, Sept. 29, at 11 a.m. (ET/PT) in a special one-hour television event, bringing the turtles up from the sewers with the mythology and comedic sensibility for a new generation of fans. The series stars Jason Biggs (American Pie) as “Leonardo,” Sean Astin (Lord of the Rings) as “Raphael,” Rob Paulsen (Planet Sheen) as “Donatello” and Greg Cipes (Teen Titans) as “Michelangelo.” Additional cast members rounding out this iconic hit franchise include Mae Whitman (Parenthood) as “April O’Neil,” Hoon Lee (Royal Pains) as “Master Splinter” and Kevin Michael Richardson (Penguins of Madagascar) as “Shredder.” The half-hour weekly series is layered with action, fantasy and comedy and draws inspiration from both American and Japanese animation, showcasing a stylistic effect of a printed comic. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will air regularly on Saturdays at 11 a.m. (ET/PT).
Nickelodeon, now in its 33rd year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books, and feature films. Nickelodeon’s U.S. television network is seen in more than 100 million households and has been the number-one-rated basic cable network for 17 consecutive years. For more information or artwork, visit www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIA.B).
For more information on the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series premiere, visit http://nickpress.com/tmnt
About Charlotte Motor Speedway
For more than 50 years, Charlotte Motor Speedway has set the standard for motorsports entertainment for fans of all ages. Charlotte Motor Speedway is the only race vacation destination where fans can immerse themselves in the heart of NASCAR country. Visitors can attend one-of-a-kind race spectacles such as the Bank of America 500, the Coca-Cola 600 and the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race; take behind-the-scenes speedway and race shop tours; explore the new NASCAR Hall of Fame; and drive an 800-horsepower stock car.
The Bank of America 500 is the only Saturday night race in the Chase for the Sprint Cup Championship. Adding to the drama and excitement, the event also serves as a homecoming for drivers and race teams, 90 percent of which are based within a two-hour drive of the legendary 1.5-mile superspeedway.
For ticket and camping information, call 1-800-455-FANS (3267). To stay up to date with everything going on at the Greatest Place to See the Race, log on to www.charlottemotorspeedway.com or connect with Charlotte Motor Speedway on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CLTMotorSpdwy or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/charlottemotorspeedway.