New Stingray Café Menu Celebrates Corvette's 60th Anniversary at Sept. 19-22 Charlotte AutoFair
In honor of the 60th Anniversary of "America's Sports Car," the Chevrolet Corvette, Charlotte Motor Speedway and Levy Restaurants have created a special Stingray Café menu that will be featured at the Sept. 19-22 Charlotte AutoFair.
Coinciding with a unique display of signature Corvettes in the Showcase Pavilion, the Stingray Café menu features souped-up sandwiches, sleek side-items and delectable drinks sure to satisfy famished fans of all ages.
Among the new items is the Stingray Burger, which includes two 1/ 3-pound patties smothered with American cheese and topped with crisp bacon, fried jalapenos and an "antifreeze" sauce, made of green goddess salad dressing. The menu also includes Oil Change Fries, shoestring fried potatoes covered in caramelized onions and brown gravy.
"We came up with the Stingray Café menu to complement the 60th anniversary of the Corvette and to have a little fun at the fall AutoFair," said Shawn McFalls, executive sous chef for Levy Restaurants. "Fans of all ages will love this diverse menu. My personal favorite is The ZR-1, fried zucchini sticks served with the spicy ranch dipping sauce; however, I believe the fan favorite will be the Oil Change Fries. The brown gravy and onions tops off the fries with a really unique taste, and every item on the menu includes some fantastic flavor combinations."
The full seven-item Stingray Café menu will be served in the Charlotte Motor Speedway infield across from the media center, with prices starting at just $4.
- Stingray Burger - Two 1/3-pound patties smothered with American cheese, topped with crispy bacon, fried jalapenos and "antifreeze/coolant" sauce (green goddess salad dressing)
- Corvette Club - Traditional club sandwich with ham, turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato, cheddar and provolone cheese, served with herb aioli on Texas toast
- Oil Change Fries- Shoestring French fries covered in caramelized onions and brown gravy
- The ZR-1 - Fried zucchini sticks with spicy ranch dipping sauce
- Brake Rotors - Beer battered onion rings with spicy ranch dipping sauce
- Transmission Fluid - Cherry limeade in a souvenir Charlotte Motor Speedway cup
- Antifreeze/Coolant - Limeade in a souvenir Charlotte Motor Speedway cup
The Charlotte AutoFair annually attracts more than 100,000 visitors, features nearly 50 car club displays and offers a surplus of automotive parts and memorabilia for sale or trade. There's also a collector car auction conducted by Dealer Auctions Inc. and more than 1,500 collectible vehicles of all makes and models will be available for sale in the car corral that rings the 1.5-mile superspeedway.
Charlotte AutoFair tickets are $10 for adults and free for children 13 and under. Four-day passes are available for just $30. AutoFair is open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday-Saturday and from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. For tickets or additional information about AutoFair or other events at Charlotte Motor Speedway, call 1-800-455-FANS or visit www.charlottemotorspeedway.com.