Celebrity Chef Lorena Garcia to Serve Signature Dishes to Fans at Bank of America 500
Celebrity chef Lorena Garcia will serve signature dishes at the Oct. 12 Bank of America 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race. A Venezuelan-born chef, Miami-based restaurateur, TV host and published author, Garcia is one of the country's leading Latina chefs. At the Bank of America 500, Garcia will be serving her signature flavors for suite guests and in the infield Winner's Circle Lounge.
Garcia, who appeared as a judge on NBC's "America's Next Great Restaurant" and a competitor on season four of Bravo's "Top Chef Masters," will serve two of her favorite Latin-inspired dishes, including:
- Spicy Mango Glazed Chicken Wings: A flawless combination of sweet and spicy fried chicken for race fans on suite level.
- Tropical Crab Cakes: Latin-style, golden crab cakes with red onions, cilantro and red peppers, served in the infield Winner's Circle Lounge.
In addition, Levy Restaurants, the official food-service provider of Charlotte Motor Speedway, will delight race fans with new, Southern-inspired items, alongside local flavors and fan favorites.
New to the concession selections, the Say Cheese! grilled cheese stand located on the frontstretch concourse will include three new grilled cheese flavors that will satisfy the most famished race fan:
- BBQ and Bacon Grilled Cheese: Pulled pork BBQ, smoked bacon, Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese, served on warm Texas toast.
- Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese: Sliced jalapeños, smooth cream cheese, cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese, served on fresh sourdough bread.
- XXXL Mega Monster Grilled Cheese: Five pounds of Say Cheese! Grilled Cheeses on a one-pound Hawaiian roll.
And back by popular demand, returning fan favorites featuring local Southern flavors include:
- Banana Pudding Cheesecake: A Southern specialty with a twist. This fresh cheesecake is brought to fans by local bakery, Queen City Pastry, and will be served in the suites.
- Brookwood Pulled Pork BBQ: Found in the Brookwood BBQ stand on the frontstretch concourse and on suite level, this menu features a variety of Brookwood's signature dishes.
- Krispy Kreme Burger: An American favorite, delicious donuts will sandwich a terrific bacon cheeseburger. It's the ultimate burger for a race fan with a sweet tooth.
- Southern Fried Chicken: A local Southern favorite, this crispy dish is featured at the Chicken Coop frontstretch concourse stand and on suite level.
Charlotte Motor Speedway guests will also enjoy the local harvest beers, OMB Oktoberfest and NODA Gordgeous Pumpkin Ale, served in the Carolina Sampler Stand.
Tickets are still available for all October race events at Charlotte Motor Speedway and can be purchased online at www.charlottemotorspeedway.com or by calling the speedway ticket office at 1-800-455-FANS (3267). Fans can catch all three days of racing, including Bojangles' Pole Night, the Dollar General 300 and the Bank of America 500 with packages starting at just $99.
Keep up with all the latest news from the speedway by liking Charlotte Motor Speedway on Facebook at www.facebook.com/charlottemotorspeedway or following on Twitter at www.twitter.com/cltmotorspdwy.