Charlotte Motor Speedway May Race Weeks Offer Fun for the Entire Family
Charlotte Motor Speedway is proving once again that it’s the most family-friendly facility in motorsports by offering dozens of displays, special areas, events and offers for families during the track’s May race weeks.
The two biggest weeks in all of sports begins at Charlotte Motor Speedway the week of May 18 and is highlighted by the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race on May 21 and the Coca-Cola 600 on May 29. During the two weeks, families and kids of all ages can enjoy the following at The Greatest Place to See the Race:
- Family Grandstand Seating gives parents with children the option to sit in a smoke-and-alcohol-free family section, as well as provide kid-friendly activities throughout the weekend. The Family Seating Section is located in the Toyota Fourth Turn Terrace grandstand.
- Free pit passes are available for children 12 and under for the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race and Coca-Cola 600. Children ages 13 through 18 can get a pit pass for half the adult price for each race.
- Kid’s tickets, for those 12 and under, start at just $1 for the Top Gear 300 NASCAR Nationwide Series race, which starts at 2:30 p.m., on May 28 and at just $10 for the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race and Coca-Cola 600.
- The Papa John's Pizza Party package includes a reserved Turn 1 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series ticket for the Coca-Cola 600, plus Papa John's pizza, Coca-Cola beverages, a driver appearance by a member of the Coca-Cola Racing Family, music, games and more. The package is only $59 and limited quantities are available.
- The Coca-Cola Four Pack includes four NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race tickets, four Coca-Cola soft drinks and four hot dogs for $119. The Coca-Cola Four Pack is also available for the Coca-Cola 600 on May 29; the package includes four Coca-Cola 600 race tickets, four Coca-Cola soft drinks and four hot dogs for $159. Fans of the NASCAR Nationwide Series have the opportunity to enjoy the Coca-Cola Four Pack at the Top Gear 300 for just $99.
- Disney Pixar’s “CARS 2” opens June 24, and Charlotte Motor Speedway will celebrate with a special display for fans featuring full-size replicas of movie stars “Lightning McQueen” and “Tow-Mater.” The replicas will also participate in the pre-race parade laps of the Coca Cola 600, May 29.
- The Alpo Ultimate Air Dogs are the premier dock jumping dogs in the world, and they will be at Charlotte Motor Speedway for the Coca Cola 600 weekend. Fans may enter their dogs to compete for only $5 a splash. For registration information visit www.ultimateairdogs.net.
Just for Kids!
- The Powerade PlayZone will feature racing-themed inflatable bounce houses, a petting zoo, face painters and appearances by Lug Nut, the world’s fastest mascot. There will also be interactive displays, like the Charlotte Motor Speedway Fan Van and the Lego Build Zone, where children can play, build and learn. The Powerade PlayZone will be located in the Smith Tower south parking lot near the main speedway entrance.
- Little Luggies Race Club members receive an e-mail newsletter, birthday postcard, chances to enter contests for prizes and invitations to club events. While in the Family Seating Section or Powerade PlayZone, parents can sign kids up for the club for free.
- The Coca-Cola Family Track Walk and Quarter-Mile Cookout gives families the chance to get moving alongside Coca-Cola Racing Family driver Ryan Newman and racing legends Bobby Allison and Ned Jarrett at 11 a.m. on Friday, May 27. Following the walk, families can enjoy games, music, racing simulators and a Q-and-A session with the drivers. Families can also enjoy the Quarter-Mile Cookout after the walk, which includes a picnic-style lunch that is free and open to all ticket and annual credential holders for the Coca-Cola 600.
Tickets for all May races at Charlotte Motor Speedway can be purchased online at www.charlottemotorspeedway.com or by calling the speedway ticket office at 1-800-455-FANS (3267). Frontstretch tickets with the best views of the world’s largest HD video board, debuting at the speedway in May, start at just $49 for the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race on May 21. Fans can also purchase two frontstretch tickets for just $99 to the Coca-Cola 600 on May 29.
For daily updates on May race activities, connect with Charlotte Motor Speedway by following on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CLTMotorSpdwy or become a Facebook fan at www.facebook.com/charlottemotorspeedway.