Four-Wide Fan Guide to Fun
Four-Wide Fan Guide to Fun
When you’re not sitting in the stands at the Bellagio of drag strips watching 32,000 horsepower fly down the only all-concrete, four-lane drag strip, make sure to take advantage of the various events happening around the track!
Hot Rods and Hot Cakes
The Hot Rods and Hot Cakes breakfast, located in the Don Schumacher Racing hospitality pit area on Saturday, April 14 from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., will give fans the opportunity to eat breakfast alongside NHRA's most notable team owners and drivers.
Tickets for the Hot Rods and Hot Cakes breakfast may be purchased in advance for $10 or the day of the event for $15. Proceeds will help the Charlotte Chapter of Speedway Children's Charities (SCC) continue to support local children in need as well as help B.R.A.K.E.S. to teach teens the importance of safe driving.
To purchase tickets, call Emily Hudgens, director of the SCC Charlotte Chapter, at 704-455-4426 or visit http://charlotte.speedwaycharities.org/events/hot_rods_and_hot_cakes/.
Four-Wide Nitro Generation Track Walk
On Sunday, April 15 at 10:30 a.m. join several drivers and their families and walk down the drag strip before the final round of eliminations! The event is free to all Sunday ticket holders. Drivers set to participate include Brandon Bernstein, Shane & Johnny Gray, Erica Enders, Jason Line, Jeg Coughlin Jr., Robert Hight, Bob Tasca, Tony Pedregon and Cruz Pedregon.
Powerade Play Zone
The new and improved Powerade Play Zone, located behind the John Force Grandstand, has been expanded to include an 8,000-square-foot remote control car dirt course built by Traxxas, which will also provide remote control cars for fans to take for a spin. Bounce houses, video games, face painting and more will keep kids of all ages entertained while not watching the cars race down the four lanes! Kids 13 and under get in free to the event all weekend with a paying adult.
- Season ticket holder autograph session, Saturday, April 14 at 4:30 p.m. in the Pavilion of zMAX Dragway. Drivers who will be participating in the signing are: Spencer Massey, Tony Schumacher, Johnny Gray, Matt Hagan, Antron Brown, Ron Capps and Jack Beckman.
- Fastest Women on the Planet autograph session, Saturday, April 14 at 4:30 p.m. in the Alexis DeJoria pit. Drivers who will be participating in the signing are: Alexis DeJoria and Erica Enders.
- John Force Racing autograph session, Thursday, April 12 from 6-7 p.m. at Town and Country Ford on 5401 E. Independence Blvd., Charlotte, North Carolina. Drivers who will be participating in the signing are: Robert Hight, John Force, Mike Neff and Courtney Force.
- Antron Brown autograph session, Saturday, 10 a.m. at the DSR merchandise trailer. Fans can also receive a discount on merchandise from 10-10:30 a.m.
- Bob Tasca Driver/Crew Chief Meet & Greet, Sunday, April 15 from 9-10 a.m. at the Motorcraft/Quick Lane hospitality area next to the Tasca Racing pits. The first 40 fans who present their Ford, Lincoln or Mercury key fobs will be welcomed behind the ropes.
- Autograph session: Saturday, 10-10:45 a.m. at the Powerade Play Zone. Drivers who will be participating in the signing are: Morgan Lucas, Brandon Bernstein, Larry Morgan, Rodger Brogdon, Erica Enders and Leah Pruett.
Every Ticket’s a Pit Pass
Don’t forget that your ticket is also a pit pass! Be sure to visit your favorite team as they prepare their car before and after each round. Did you know the Top Fuel and Funny Car teams have to rebuild their engine after each round? Get up close and see these professional mechanics tear apart an 8,000 horsepower engine and rebuild it in less than 40 minutes; meet your favorite driver and get a heavy dose of nitro! Who knows? You may even get a part of a race-used engine! The fan accessibility in NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing is unparalleled and one of the major attractions to each national event. Be sure to experience the most fan-friendly sport on Earth, at the most fan-friendly facility on Earth this weekend!
Stay Connected All Weekend Long
For real-time updates, including scheduling changes, results and various other happenings around the drag strip this weekend follow zMAX Dragway on Twitter at www.twitter.com/zmaxdragway. For track maps, ticket information, photo galleries and full results reports go to www.zmaxdragway.com. The zMAX Dragway Facebook page will also include photo galleries and race results, but not in full time, to follow the Bellagio of drag strips on Facebook, like us at www.facebook.com/zmaxdragway.com. If you have a questions or an issue while at the dragway and need immediate assistance, please text Dragway to 69050.
How Four-Wide Works
Fans attending the NHRA Four-Wide Nationals at zMAX Dragway this weekend (April 13-15) will experience double the horsepower in all qualifying sessions and eliminations rounds for Top Fuel, Funny Car, and Pro Stock, which will run four-wide at this unique event in the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series. Click here for a quick reference guide that will help answer any questions regarding the special rules, race procedures and configuration for four-wide drag racing, NHRA style.