Kyle Petty and Randy Pemberton Join David Pearson, Sam Bass and Miss Sprint Cups at Charlotte SpeedFest Presented by 3M Fan Appreciation Day on March 12
Charlotte SpeedFest presented by 3M is just a few days away and the fan appreciation day set for March 12 continues to grow with the addition of more VIP appearances and activities, adding to the free, family fun.
The Charlotte SpeedFest sponsored by ADA's "Give Kids A Smile," 3M ESPE Dental, and Henry Schein Cares will take place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and is a celebration of the area’s racing roots by Charlotte Motor Speedway, the NASCAR Hall of Fame, Roush Fenway Racing, Hendrick Motorsports, Joe Gibbs Racing, Stewart-Haas Racing and Earnhardt Ganassi Racing. The event coincides with the first 2011 off-weekend for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
SPEED personalities Kyle Petty and Randy Pemberton have been added to the slate of VIPs scheduled to meet fans and sign autographs during Charlotte SpeedFest. Petty is currently the co-host of “NASCAR RaceDay” on SPEED and is a former Coca-Cola 600 winner at Charlotte Motor Speedway, having scored his second-ever NASCAR Sprint Cup Series victory in the 1987 event, driving the famed No. 21 car for the Wood Brothers. Pemberton is an accomplished racing reporter, writer and producer who began his NASCAR career in 1986. He is currently a co-host for SPEED’s “NASCAR Race Hub” and “NASCAR in a Hurry” and a garage reporter for “NASCAR Live.”
Charlotte SpeedFest will feature several autograph sessions at the speedway throughout the day. Those scheduled to appear include:
• Motorsports Artist Sam Bass – 10 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
• Miss Sprint Cup Kim Coon – 10 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
• SPEED Personality Kyle Petty – 11 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
• Miss Sprint Cup Paige Duke – Noon to 2:45 p.m.
• SPEED Personality Randy Pemberton – 1 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.
• NASCAR Hall of Famer David Pearson – 2 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.
Fans are asked to limit autograph requests to one item. Each autograph session will take place in the Charlotte Motor Speedway ticket office, with the exception of the Miss Sprint Cup sessions, which will be at the Sprint display near the speedway’s main entrance. Also at the Sprint display, fans can take photos with the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series trophy and the 2011 Sprint Cup showcar.
Along with the VIP appearances, fans attending Charlotte SpeedFest can take advantage of special Charlotte Motor Speedway ticket offers available only on March 12. The first 30 fans who make qualifying premium ticket package purchases will receive a free Richard Petty Driving Experience track ride. Also, fans who purchase $150 in tickets can race their personal vehicle down zMAX Dragway, receive a free one-night hotel stay and a free piece of Sam Bass Racing Art.
In addition to the ticket offers and appearances, fans can enjoy the following:
• Free tours of Charlotte Motor Speedway and zMAX Dragway and free shuttles to the NASCAR Hall of Fame, Roush Fenway Racing, Hendrick Motorsports, Joe Gibbs Racing, Stewart-Haas Racing, Earnhardt Ganassi Racing and the Sam Bass Gallery.
• Free vouchers for NASCAR Hall of Fame simulator rides available at the speedway ticket office.
• Free tours and behind-the-microphone photo opportunities in the Performance Racing Network studios.
• Free video game entertainment with the Coca-Cola Fan Van.
• Activities for the kids including the Powerade Play Zone with inflatable slides and bounce houses, a petting zoo, face painting and appearances by Lug Nut, the world’s fastest mascot.
• Affordable concessions plus free popcorn in the speedway ticket office.
• Live music on the Avenue of Flags at the speedway’s main entrance.
Participating race teams will offer special merchandise discounts and offers and will have their gift shops and museums open during the following times:
• Roush Fenway Racing: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. 15 percent discounts on all 2011 merchandise, plus a free 3D-gaming show car simulator display.
• Hendrick Motorsports: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. An interactive racing simulator will be available, plus 15 percent discounts on all regularly-priced merchandise and a free Jimmie Johnson team championship hat with purchases of $50 or more.
• Joe Gibbs Racing: Noon to 2 p.m. 20 percent merchandise discounts.
• Earnhardt Ganassi Racing: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Showcar and trophy displays will be available, plus fans will get a free Jamie McMurray 2010 Daytona 500 victory poster with a $25 purchase and a free McMurray Daytona 500 victory hat with a $50 purchase.
• Stewart-Haas Racing: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. 20 percent discounts on all merchandise in the gift shop, excluding sheet metal, plus fans can get a free team shop shirt with the purchase of $50 or more.
Tickets for all Spring Season of Speed events at Charlotte Motor Speedway are on sale now. Frontstretch tickets with the best views of pit road and the world’s largest HD video board, coming to the speedway in May, start at just $49 for the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race or two for just $99 to the Coca-Cola 600. For more information, call the speedway ticket office at 1-800-455-FANS (3267) or go online at www.charlottemotorspeedway.com.