Top 10: Can't-Miss Things to Do and See During Bank of America 500 Weekend
There's so much to do during race week at Charlotte Motor Speedway besides watching NASCAR Nationwide and Sprint Cup drivers battling it out on the track. From prerace entertainment, activities for the kids and behind-the-scenes looks, there's something for everyone at the speedway. Here are a few can't-miss tips to build the ultimate race week experience, whether you're a first-time fan or one who's been visiting for more than 50 years!
- Join "Pink Out" at Dollar General 300: During the Dollar General 300 race on Friday, Oct. 11, fans are encouraged to wear their pink attire to support breast cancer awareness. By wearing pink, spectators will be joining Charlotte Motor Speedway's efforts to think pink. A pink start/finish line and pit road wall will also help accent the night's pink theme.
- Buy a Souvenir Program: For more than 20 years, NASCAR's first officially licensed artist, Sam Bass, has created one-of-a-kind program covers for Charlotte Motor Speedway's official souvenir program. The artistic design, a perfect keepsake to remember your time at the track, is filled with more than 150 pages of driver profiles, race information and feature stories all about The Greatest Place to See the Race! They look even better with an autograph from your favorite driver!
- Don't Miss the NASCAR Hall of Fame Pit Party: Don't just watch NASCAR Sprint Cup stars race around the track at the Bank of America 500. Pit pass holders are invited to the NASCAR Hall of Fame Pit Party with appearances by Kyle Busch, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Brad Keselowski! The drivers will participate in question and answer sessions with fans before hitting the track.
- Come Early for Hours of Prerace Entertainment: Fans will have their breath taken away by several prerace acts and can also rock out to an outstanding concert. The Goo Goo Dolls and opening act Paper Tongues will entertain fans in the Fast Cars and Guitars prerace concert presented by Bad Boy Buggies. Also, Nik Wallenda and his sister Lijana will perform a death-defying dual skywalk over the frontstretch, and an illuminated 11-plane flyover by Team Aerodynamix will kick off the fun for fans.
- Enjoy the Interactive Fan Zone: Charlotte Motor Speedway may be a 1.5-mile track, but it also offers more than 10 acres of fun in the Fan Zone. From NASCAR haulers featuring driver merchandise to interactive games and rows of vendor displays, nothing gets fans more excited for racing than a trip to the family friend Fan Zone! And don't forget about the kids! The Kids' Zone features face painting, bounce houses, appearances by Lug Nut, the World's Fastest Mascot, and so much more!
- Girls Just Want To Have Fun: The wives of NASCAR's finest don't just sit on the sidelines during race week. Lyn-z Pastrana, wife of Travis Pastrana, and Wendy Venturini, Fox Sports 1 report, among others will compete in the third annual Better Half Dash for charity and bragging rights. The 25-lap Bandolero race benefiting Motor Racing Outreach and Speedway Children's Charities is sure to excite fans of all ages. Fans can get involved by going to www.betterhalfdash.com and making a donation in support of their favorite driver.
- 24-Hour Camping Fun: The race week excitement doesn't have to end when fans leave the track. Campgrounds at Charlotte Motor Speedway provide round-the-clock fun for the most dedicated race fans. There is a campground for everyone, from luxury RV campers to tent camping.
- Support Children's Charities at Track Walk: Fans looking to get in some exercise, raise money for a good cause and interact with drivers should definitely check out the Speedway Children's Charities Ultimate Fan Track Walk on Saturday, Oct. 12. The walk begins at 1:20 p.m. and will feature NASCAR personalities like Josh Wise and J. J. Yeley. Tickets are only $20 in advance and $25 after Oct. 10.
- Take a Sneak Peek Behind the Scenes: Prerace action, garages and pit road are all things fans can see by taking a Trackside Tram Tour during race week at Charlotte Motor Speedway. See everything the NASCAR drivers see and even have an opportunity to climb the 24-degree banking of the famed 1.5-mile superspeedway.
- Renew the Fun for 2014: No trip to Charlotte Motor Speedway is complete without planning next year's visit. Fans who renew their tickets early can save on an awesome 2014 experience! While supplies last, fans who renew can even choose a free gift from a barbeque grill set, hand tools or a 300 watt power inverter.
Fans can catch all the action from Bojangles' Pole Night and the UNOH Southern Slam 150 on Oct. 10, to the Dollar General 300 on Oct. 11 and the Bank of America 500 on Oct. 12 with a weekend pass starting at just $99.
For all the latest news and information, like "Charlotte Motor Speedway on Facebook at www.facebook.com/charlottemotorspeedway or follow the track on Twitter at www.twitter.com/cltmotorspdwy.