10 Days of NASCAR Thunder Features Unmatched Entertainment with Thrilling Races, Epic Concerts and Exciting Mega Pass Program
Fans seeking the ultimate racing experience will be in for a thrill when the 10 Days of NASCAR Thunder returns to Charlotte Motor Speedway for a monstrous display of unrivaled entertainment, including the fender-banging May 21 NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race, the historic 57th annual Coca-Cola 600 on May 29 and live musical performances featuring award-winning singers Lee Brice and Andy Grammer at Charlotte Motor Speedway and The Band Perry, Kellie Pickler, Montgomery Gentry and Chris Young at Circle K & Kangaroo Speed Street.
History will be on display with the exciting Mega Pass program featuring four-time NASCAR Cup Series champion and NASCAR on FOX analyst Jeff Gordon. With the purchase of a 10-day Mega Pass to all May events at the iconic 1.5-mile superspeedway, fans will receive a true piece of NASCAR history: a historical ticket autographed by Jeff Gordon. Quantities are limited, and fans are encouraged to buy now. While supplies last, fans who upgrade to the BEST Mega Pass package will get a selfie with Gordon and the Bruton Smith Trophy in Victory Lane on May 24 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
The jam-packed list of attractions surrounding the May 20-29 10 Days of NASCAR Thunder immerses fans in an unforgettable experience, including:
- May 20 Sprint Showdown - A 40-lap fight between Sprint Cup drivers without a points-paying win or All-Star victory will decide who advances to the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race. The Showdown kicks off the Friday night festivities at Charlotte Motor Speedway;
- May 20 N.C. Education Lottery 200 - There's no party like a truck party, and the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series' lone annual visit to Charlotte Motor Speedway will deliver tons of excitement, as NASCAR's veterans and young guns duel under the lights;
- No-Speed-Limit All-Star Qualifying - The All-Star action heats up on Saturday, May 21 with no-speed-limit qualifying for the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race as drivers speed down pit road at near-race speed in NASCAR's only no-limits qualifying session on the schedule;
- May 21 NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race - A no-holds-barred slugfest pits NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race winners against one another for a $1 million prize. The All-Star party kicks off with an exhilarating pre-race concert headlined by triple platinum artist Andy Grammer. For just $20, fans can upgrade to a stage-front Golden Ticket that provides an up-close look at the concert;
- May 26 LiftMaster Pole Night - Knockout qualifying for the Coca-Cola 600 promises to be a true test of ability between the fastest Sprint Cup Series drivers in a three-round showdown to determine who starts on the pole for the Memorial Day Weekend spectacular;
- May 26-28 Circle K & Kangaroo Speed Street - The annual race festival in uptown Charlotte, North Carolina, features NASCAR driver appearances, Coca-Cola 600 displays and world-class concerts including Montgomery Gentry and Chris Young on Friday, May 27, and Kellie Pickler and The Band Perry on Saturday, May 28;
- May 27 Outlaw Showdown - The World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series kicks up some dirt in its first of two visits to The Dirt Track at Charlotte, with a star-studded field competing for a hard-earned trophy at the end of a wild night of racing action on the lightning-fast four-tenths-mile clay oval across the street from Charlotte Motor Speedway;
- May 28 Hisense 4K TV 300 - The up-and-coming young drivers of the NASCAR XFINITY Series take on some of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series' accomplished stars in the only NASCAR-sanctioned race at Charlotte Motor Speedway that begins and ends during the day;
- Coca-Cola 600 Military Salute - An awe-inspiring salute to the United States Armed Forces takes place prior to the Coca-Cola 600, with can't-miss events including skydivers from Team Fastrax, war re-enactments, vintage war planes, a 21-gun salute from the Fort Bragg Firing Squad and a flyover of four F-15s from the 334th Fighter Squadron, Fighting Eagles Seymour Johnson AFB. Buses will also transport thousands of troops to the race through the Patriot Partners program, and through the new Salute the Crews program, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team members who have served in the military will be recognized during the pre-race ceremonies and on the giant Speedway TV;
- May 29 Coca-Cola 600 - NASCAR's only 600-mile race sees 40 drivers take on a grueling battle of skill and endurance that begins in the heat of the sun before ending under the lights. A pre-race concert featuring GRAMMY-nominated country music sensation Lee Brice gives fans a unique chance to kick Memorial Day Weekend into high gear before their racing heroes take to the track.
To purchase tickets, Mega Passes, camping and race-day upgrades, call the speedway ticket office at 1-800-455-FANS (3267) or shop online at www.charlottemotorspeedway.com.
Connect with Charlotte Motor Speedway by following on Twitter and Instagram or become a Facebook fan. Keep up with all the latest news and information with the Charlotte Motor Speedway mobile app.