Speedway Track Facts
Length: 1.5 miles or 7,920 feet
Frontstretch: 1,980 feet
Backstretch: 1,500 feet
Turns 1 & 2: 2,400 feet
Turns 3 & 4: 2,040
Radius Turns 1 & 2: 685 feet
Radius Turns 3 & 4: 625 feet
Banking in corners: 24-degrees
Banking is straightaways: 5-degrees
Seating capacity: 84,000
About Charlotte Motor Speedway
For more than 60 years, Charlotte Motor Speedway has set the standard for motorsports entertainment and evolved into "America's Home for Racing." Nestled in the heart of NASCAR country, the iconic superspeedway is the only race vacation destination where fans can immerse themselves in the sport by taking in an event at the legendary facility, visit race team shops and explore the NASCAR Hall of Fame
- The Charlotte Motor Speedway complex encompasses nearly 2,000 acres and includes a 2.25-mile road course, a six-tenths-mile karting layout and a quarter-mile oval within the walls of the 1.5-mile superspeedway. A one-fifth-mile oval is located just outside Turn 3. In 2018, Charlotte Motor Speedway changed the course of NASCAR history with the innovative ROVAL, a 2.28-mile, 17-turn course that combined the high-banks of the traditional oval with a newly designed infield road course.
- Three Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series events, two NASCAR Xfinity Series
racesand a NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series race are among the events held each year on the 1.5-mile superspeedway. Other events on the various tracks include a summer-long short-track series for Legend Cars and Bandoleros; national and regional car club competitions; and World Karting Association regional, national and international races. Charlotte Motor Speedway also annually presents two AutoFairs, each April and October.
- In May 2000, a state-of-the-art four-tenths-mile clay oval—The Dirt Track at Charlotte—was completed across Highway 29 from the speedway. The stadium-style facility has 14,000 seats and annually hosts the World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series and the World of Outlaws Late Model Series along with a championship Monster Truck spectacular.
- In August 2008, zMAX Dragway was completed on 46.5 acres of land adjacent to The Dirt Track. The Bellagio of drag strips boasts 30,000 grandstand seats and 40 luxury suites. It's also a track of "firsts," as in the first drag strip in the world to feature two pedestrian tunnels underneath the strip to increase fan mobility, and its most prominent feature, the world's first four-lane racing surface.
Charlotte Motor Speedway Fun Facts
- President George Washington ate lunch and rested in a house that once served as the speedway's offices.
- During a typical race weekend, fans consume more than 34,000 slices of pizza, 9,500 gallons of soda and water, 13,500 feet of hot dogs and 309,000 pounds of ice.
- Charlotte Motor Speedway became the first modern superspeedway to host night racing in 1992.
In 2011, Charlotte Motor Speedway set a Guinness World Record with the debut of the world's largest HDTV at a sports venue, spanning nearly 16,000 square feet of viewing pleasure for fans.