Have questions? We have answers! Below are some of the more common questions that we are asked regarding our STEAM program. If you can't find the answer you are looking for you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program runs throughout the year Monday – Friday
You can email email@example.com for reservations.
We can accommodate up to 240 students per day!
We require 1 teacher/chaperone for every 10 students. Due to limited space availability, additional chaperones will not be able to attend. If a school requires a different teacher/student ratio, it would have to be approved.
Our curriculum is suited for 4th grade through high school. The STEAM program meets Common Core Standards.
The STEAM program lasts approximately 3-3.5 hours.
This includes STEAM activities, lunch and track experience.
- 9:15 – School arrives; STEAM staff meets the school outside and divides students into groups with STEAM instructors
- 9:30 – Rotations begin; 5 rotations 20-25 minutes each.
- 11:45 -11:50 – Stations complete
- 11:50 – 12:20 – lunch *Please note-there are no vending machines available
- 12:20 – 12:30 – load busses and follow tour van to NASCAR track for van ride or track walk
- 12:45 – Tour van will lead buses out for departure
This is a sample only and provided for educators as a guideline for field trip planning purposes.
School start times vary from school to school depending on their specific needs
Yes! Our program aligns with NC & SC common core standards. Copies of our program curriculum standards are available upon request.
Please park at at zMAX Dragway, 6570 Bruton Smith Blvd. Concord, NC. Ample parking is provided for cars and busses. There is no charge for parking!
No, STEAM is held indoors. If your school is staying for lunch, we do have an outside pavilion equipped with picnic tables. If weather does not permit, we will make arrangements for lunch indoors
Yes! All students, with a signed waiver, will participate in the van ride on the track. All adults attending will be able to participate as well.